We talk about what are the best holiday gifts for the writers in your life!
Giving meaningful gifts makes an impact on people. It shows you understand them and care about their interests. If you have a writer in your life you want to give a gift to, this post will help you out! Or if you are a writer, feel free to send this post to your friends and family as a “suggestion”.
For the Old-Fashioned Writer
For writers that enjoy that old-fashioned aesthetic, some of the best holiday gifts are ones that invoke that sense of nostalgia. The ones that tie the writer in with all the authors that came before. You don’t have to go antique shopping. Online shops and places like Etsy will have everything you need for that vintage look.
- A typewriter
- A quill and ink pot
- An old journal for notetaking
- Printed poems and passages from famous, or not-so famous, writers
- A scarf that has a poem or book passage printed on it
For the Digital Age Writer
Some writers love technology and how it has improved writing efficiency and outreach. Whether they are published authors that prefer to type, or writers who like to post stories online, there are many options to get them the perfect gift.
- A subscription to an online note-taking or worldbuilding software such as Evernote or Inkarnate
- A new mouse or keyboard
- A writer-themed mousepad
- An e-reader
- A voice-to-text system for the computer
For Those That Like Personalized Gifts
Taking the time to give a personalized product is very sweet. Writers love their work, their characters, and what they do. Shops like Etsy and Shutterfly offer personalized options for a variety of products.
- A mug with their book or story cover art on it
- Christmas ornaments that say the names of their characters
- Notebooks with the cover labeled “Next Story Ideas”
- Customized t-shirts for writers from shops like Etsy
- A set of writing dice
- Themed jewelry such as quill tip earrings
What are your picks for the best holiday gifts for writers? Share with us!